Sunday, May 8, 2011

The venn diagram comparing mainstream music and meaningless music is a circle.

Why is it that a song can have the worst lyrics ever and no meaning whatsoever, and still manage to get to the top of the charts? Why is it that the worst songs are always the ones that become popular?! There are tons of great singer/songwriters out there that will never get a break, while these meaningless auto-tuned things make millions? HOW IS THIS FAIR?

Being a musician, I am very passionate about this topic. Being an owner of two ears and a radio, I feel especially passionate.

There are countless songs that are/were popular, but their lyrics are – as the British would say – COMPLETE RUBBISH.

One of many is Tick Tock (or whatever it’s called) by what’s-her-name:
WHAT IS THAT????

Songs like this should be mainstream, playing on the radio and on everyone’s iPods:

I find this video ridiculously entertaining:

A few, of the ridiculously many, of these wastes of money include the following titles. In fact, I could do individual commentaries on each of these, if I felt so inclined – similar to the one on Telephone above. I would totally do a mini-series of posts or something about songs like these, but I think my blog would have a sarcasm-overload.
  • Tik Tok by Ke$ha (would it kill this girl to spell something correctly??)
  • Friday by Rebecca Black (probably one of the first you thought of when I mentioned bad but popular songs)
  • Telephone by Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce (see video above… hysterical)
  • Like A G6 by Far East Movement (what does that title even mean?)
  • Blah Blah Blah by Ke$ha (couldn’t resist putting her on here twice… this song is just so eloquent)
The list goes on. And on. And on. I mean, really, I should have just made a list of mainstream music that is good. A considerable amount of my life would have been saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment