Monday, May 9, 2011

Random “referral” links?

So, I think this is a little weird.
referral links 5-9-11
As always, click it to enlarge it.
For those of you who don’t have a blog on Blogger, I’ll catch you up: like most “webmaster tools” type things, Blogger offers various stats about your blog to the author. One of the things it tells you is where you are getting your traffic from – the referring links being a big contributor.

Here’s the weird part: in my list of “Referring URLs,” as you can see, there are tons of random, sketchy, seemingly unrelated links that apparently like to my blog, and people have reached my blog by clicking on those links.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m grateful for anyone who wants to link to me, but these just looked strange. I mean, a teeth whitening guide?!

Is this a new way to spam blogs? I don’t get how this would be spam, but then, what is it? Someone, please enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment